Term 3: Year 9 students venture into a new cross-curricular unit through Bible Studies and Social Studies – based around Church Planting and Urban Design.
In this unit, we have been learning about Church Planting and Urban Design/Development. Over the last few weeks, we have covered the aspects of where to plant a church, the design features of both Masjids and churches, and what needs to be taken into consideration when designing any building.
We also went on an excursion to Legacy, Central Baptist, and Crossroads churches on Church Street for valuable information for our learning which will help with our assessment task.
We would like to give special thanks to Amer and Assad of the Manawatu Muslim Association, Catherine and Pr. Robbie from Legacy Church, Linda from Central Baptist Church, Pr. Isaac from Crossroads Church, Dave from PNCC (Urban Planner), and Pr. Jesse from Mosaic for all your contributions.William Brothwell, Year 9
- Mosaic Community Church: https://mosaiccc.nz/
- Manawatu Muslim Association: https://manawatumuslims.org.nz/
- Legacy Church: http://legacy.net.nz/legacy-church/
- Central Baptist Church: https://pncbc.org.nz/
- Crossroads Church: http://www.crossroads.co.nz/
- Palmerston North City Council (PNCC): https://www.pncc.govt.nz/