Longburn Adventist College House (LAC) is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person who can be a parent-figure to our wide range of young men, and women, aged 11 – 18 years old. This exciting opportunity would suit a service orientated person who is passionate about creating outstanding experiences for both domestic and international boarding students.
The Volunteer Assistant Dean will have a heart for working with young people and have shown an ability to inspire those around them. An ability to relate to a diverse group of students is essential. Due to the nature of the role, Deans are rostered to work weekends and evenings especially when major events are happening.
Applicants should have:
– A commitment to our special Seventh-day Adventist character.
– Ability to relate cross-cultural responsiveness
– Empathy for international students who may be experiencing life away from home for the first time
– Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
– Discipline and leadership to live with and work alongside young people
– Excellent organisational skills and time management
– A willingness and ability to take part in religious instruction and uphold the special Seventh-day Adventist character of the school is a condition of employment. The successful candidate will start mid-April 2021.
Applications close Friday 5th March 2021, 3pm
To request a job application pack please email your CV and a covering letter (including contact details of at least 2 professional referees) stating the strength and interests you would bring to our boarding. Applications and enquiries attention to email email@example.com