The programme will run from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm. We invite parents and caregivers to stay for morning tea after chapel and then children will continue into an orientation programme for the day. Please advise the school of your child’s attendance either by phoning the office (06 354 1059) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of this day is to assist in a smooth transition for your child from their current school into our school.
Please RSVP by Wednesday 20 November 2019
The plan for the day is as follows:
- 8.30 am – 8.55 am Arrive at LAC and sign in at the front office. You will then be directed to the Chapel at 8.55 am
- 9.00 am – 10.00 am Attend Chapel run by our Y10 Students
- 10.00 am – 11.00 am Assembly with LAC Year 7 and 8 students (introduction to LAC and being ready for 2020. Tour of school and hostel for new students
The 2020 Year 9 students will join a different transition programme for the day.
Morning Tea for Parents and Caregivers with LAC Staff (Cafeteria)
- 11.00 am – 11.30 am Break 1 with buddies
- 11.30 am – 12.30 pm Taster classes
- 12.30pm – 1.30pm Taster classes
- 1.30 pm – 2.15 pm Break 2 Lunch break (Bring your own packed lunch)
- 2.15 pm – 3.00 pm Taster classes and Debrief
- 3.00 pm End of day. LAC after school bus will be running for students to experience the bus route, in preparation for 2020.
We hope that by the end of the day your child will have made some friends, met some teachers and become familiar with the layout of the campus. Students should wear their existing school uniform or mufti, bring a packed lunch, and their pencil cases for classes. We look forward to meeting you.