Stationery Lists for 2017
Please follow the above link to OfficeMax – all stationary requirements are available from them at unbeatable prices, with an ‘order now pay later’ early bird offer included (see above video).
LAC's Community Newsletters
Special Character Education
LAC’s Special Character is what distinguishes Adventist Schools from other schools.
We are purposely Christian; upholding the faith, values and lifestyle of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Being a school of Special Character does not mean that we merely conduct worships and run Bible classes, rather, our Special Character reflects who we are and what we stand for.
Our Special Character permeates our curriculum, influences our policies and procedures, and can be seen in the every-day interactions between our staff and our students.
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L)
Longburn Adventist College is a PB4L school:
“The purpose of LAC’school-wide behaviour plan is to enhance education, encouraging and empowering students to grow both personally and spiritually.”
1. Develop into good men and women, people of strong character
2. Develop their connection with God, and consequently their identity as sons and daughters of God
3. Develop a clear and positive worldview that provides meaning and life purpose
4. Develop the commitment to serve others, to contribute to the community, and to leave a worthwhile life legacy
5. Develop the self-motivation to learn, to accomplish worthwhile goals, to achieve and succeed
6. Develop the ability to relate well to family, friends, future spouse and others through developing social and emotional relationship skills
7. Develop the ability to empower others to succeed, and to receive empowerment from others
8. Develop and maintain good health and a balanced lifestyle
9. Develop practical life skill sets such as those involved in running a household, being a good employee, being a leader, personal organization, parenting and decision-making.
The ASPIRE programme is designed to intentionally teach the values that we, as Christians, hold dear.
One vital aspect of ASPIRE is to provide students with the opportunity, the inspiration and the determination to reach the potential God intended for them. Through stories, instruction, mentoring, coming into contact with inspirational people and providing students with a time to reflect, it is our intention to give our students a vision of what they can become and the determination to pursue that vision.
Our Intermediate classes provide an excellent way for students to grow and develop in a caring and disciplined environment.
Mrs Rachel Paki is our new Intermediate Teacher after Mrs Diane Jackson retired last year.
The Junior school is an excellent stepping stone for our students to make the best start possible to their senior NCEA studies.
The subject options structure for 2017 includes the following subjects:
|Year 11||Year 12||Year 13|
|Accounting/Economics||Bible (Religious Studies)||Bible (Religious Studies)|
|Bible (Religious Studies)||Biology||Biology|
|Building Construction||Building Construction||Building Construction|
|Physical Education||Mathematics (Calculus)||Mathematics (Statistics)|
|Religious Studies||Mathematics (Statistics)||Mathematics (General)|
|Science||Mathematics (General)||Media Studies|
|Visual Art||Media Studies||Photography|